Did you know that fear of driving is one of the most common phobias that people may experience? Driving is an activity that can cause people to experience panic and fear. It can be a stressful activity for many people. The experts at Derek Brown’s Academy of Driving understand that learning to drive can cause anxiety and they will make it as calm and relaxing as possible. It’s never too late to learn how to drive!
Fear of Learning How to Drive
Learning to drive in a calm environment will help to reduce your anxiety. Our classes are fun and engaging. We will teach you the rules of the road before you get behind the wheel. This will help you to feel prepared and confident before you drive. Our Calgary drivers ed classes are fun and engaging. Our Calgary driving courses will teach you the information that you need to overcome your fear of driving. The instructors are friendly and understand your fears. They will encourage you and teach you how to deal with any situation while driving.
Our Top Tips For Success:
- Enroll in a reputable driving school. Learning to drive from an instructor with years of experience will help tremendously. They will teach you everything you need to know and how to deal with situations as they arise.
- Practice. Get out on the road and practice driving. The more that you practice driving, the more comfortable you’ll feel. Start on quiet residential roads and gradually work your way up to busier roads. We recommend that you practice at every opportunity so that driving will begin to feel more natural.
- Breathe deeply and focus on the positive. It’s natural for your breathing to become irregular when you’re anxious. Breathe in deeply through your nose and slowly exhale through your mouth. This will help you to feel calm and to be able to focus on driving.
- Plan ahead. Plan your route before you begin driving. This will reduce your stress while driving as you will know the best route to your destination.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t panic if you miss your exit. You can get off at the next exit and turn around. It’s ok if it takes a little longer to get to your destination.
Derek Brown’s Academy of Driving will help you overcome your fear of driving. Our expert instructors have many years of experience. They are friendly, and knowledgeable, and will help you to learn how to drive safely. We also offer courses that will teach you additional driving skills such as defensive driving and winter driving. These extra skills will help you to feel more comfortable driving in challenging conditions. Derek Brown’s Academy of Driving is the driving school Calgary trusts! Call today to learn more.