Longer Combination Vehicles
In order to enroll in our LCV training program, the following is required:
- Hold a valid Class 1 drivers licence.
- Have a minimum of 24 months or 150,000km of driving experience with articulated vehicles.
- Has passed a Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) within the past 48 months.
This course is offered at Derek Brown’s Academy of Driving
Driver’s Abstract Must:
- Be dated no more than one month prior to the issue of the Driver’s Certificate
- Show no driving-related criminal code convictions in the past 36 months
- Show no more than 2 moving Violations in the prior 12 months and no more than 3 moving violations in the prior 36 months. The date of conviction and the current date will be the dates used to determine time periods.
This program consists of both classroom and in-vehicle time. The course includes 6.5 hours in class, 2 Hours in truck teaching coupling and uncoupling and 45 mins to test. Before an LCV certificate can be issued, Derek Brown’s must receive written confirmation of a driver’s experience and participation in a PDIC Course, as well as a copy of the driver’s abstract. Please remember to bring this documentation with you to the course. Please dress accordingly for weather conditions.
Cost: LCV on its own $699.00 LCV with PDIC $769.00
Location: Held at our office every Monday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm